A holiday feast that’s good for your teeth
Lucky for us, much of the holiday spread has side effects other than causing pants to fit a bit more snugly after enjoying. Turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries and even pumpkin pie are packed with nutrients ranging from phosphorous to vitamins A and C, translating to stronger tooth enamel, and even prevention of loose teeth and oral cancer.
So go ahead. Celebrate, and dig in — but for the sake of your health be sure to watch portion sizes.
- Rich in phosphorus
- Aids in tooth development
- Rebuilds tooth enamel
- Helps prevent bone loss
Spinach, kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli
- Supply vitamins A&C
- Help prevent bleeding gums, loose teeth and oral cancer
- Prevent bacteria from sticking to your teeth
- Full of nutrients, and unlike other starchy foods, they don’t stick to your teeth
- Good source of vitamin C, iron, niacin and potassium