5 questions you should ask your doctor
Making an appointment to see your primary care physician is the first step in taking control of your health, but in order to get the most out of your visit, you must build a relationship with your physician. Building a relationship with your physician starts by talking with them. Here are five topics to bring up at your next routine office visit.
- Do I need to make any lifestyle changes to improve my overall health?
- What screenings or immunizations do I need?
- Will my current medications affect my diagnosis today?
- How does my lifestyle and family history impact my overall health?
- What plans should I begin to put in place?
Nancy Dickey, M.D., co-director of Texas A&M Health Science Center Rural & Community Health Institute.